Allen's Taxidermy

Monday, May 9, 2011

Wild Boar

Allen Taxidermy Studio
13919 61st Lane N
WEST PALM BEACH, FL 33412
(561) 880-7986
Find us on Google Maps for 10% off Fish Mounts till Aug 30th !

Had to stop doing fish to work on this guy...Boars are a greasy mess... I need to price myself out of the market on these. A few a year is all I could stand. We are currently experimenting with our own tanning, we have done a couple of deer already, and the boar has been in the tan for a few days now. So far I prefer this wet tanning to the dry tan capes we were getting from the tannery.
He'll be ready to mount tomorrow.
BTW My Girl ROCKS!!!




All the meat and shield had to come off of this cape. It is a lot like hand planing wood of an old chunk of oak. Needless to say I supplied the elbow grease for that job.
Here it is all cleaned up and ready for salting and tanning.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home