Allen's Taxidermy

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Eyes Have IT!

One thing that has always bugged me about most mounted fish and replicas is the lifeless dead looking flat eye. I want to remember the fish as I caught it or as close as possible.
The eyes are the windows to the soul and if you miss this small detail all you have is a dead fish.

Here is my attempt at giving a replica Bass his Soul Back.
The eye on the left is "Factory Set"...the Right eye actually looks like it is capable of looking back at you.
I am amazed every time I see the life come into a mount with this one detail.
Is it worth the added effort to cut out the old eye and re-sculpt a new setting? For a customer who knows! But is is one thing that bothered me even before I knew it did!
I don't usually change the back side eye on a wall mount, as it will not be seen, I'd rather spend more time on the front. :)




Allen Taxidermy Studio
13919 61st Lane N
WEST PALM BEACH, FL 33412
(561) 880-7986
Area served: West Palm Beach, FL 33412, and locations within 75 miles -
 Find us on Google Maps for 10% off Fish Mounts till Apr 30th !



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home