Allen's Taxidermy

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Florida State Taxidermy Association Competition

We decided at the last minute to join FSTA and attend some more training seminars...
The president Trina suggested that I bring something to enter and compete. Reluctant, because I didn't have anything prepared, I grabbed a 1.1 lb hybrid bluegill I had mounted for my son...
To my surprise and astonishment I received a second place ribbon. I cant wait for next years convention.










In addition to the great experience competing for the first time, I attended seminars on Painting fish by the best in the world Rick Krane ! As he was also the judge of the competition I think the experience has taken my fish to the next level. I hope to someday take a one on one course with him in the future.

We also attended a fish seminar by none other than Archie Phillips, arguably the most successful fish taxidermist ever. Between these two men I learned so much about the art and business of taxidermy.

We also attended seminars on WT deer, Wild Boar, and Ducks...
More on those later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home